The Western Regional Strain Gage Committee meets twice a year for two days, typically in Spring and Fall. Hear technical papers, participate in workshops and manufacturer’s seminars (given by sponsors of the committee), participate on panels and tour a test facility in the area.
- Conferences are a key function of the committee, as this venue provides valuable opportunities to learn about new developments and research in strain gages and mechanical testing, and also provides access to networking and discussions with experts in this field.
- Technical papers and presentations are a key part of the WRSGC conferences. Presentations topics cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Research in the advancement of strain gage measuring
- New product development
- Applications and techniques of measurement
- Refreshers on core aspects of testing and measurement
We are currently looking for papers and presentations to be presented at our next conferences. We welcome contributions from any person, whether previously involved in the WRSGC or not. The paper and presentation criteria and process are somewhat flexible, as many companies have legal, export, or proprietary limitations on what information can be submitted. The general process includes:
- Contact the Programming Chair at Membership@WRSGC.org to discuss your topic and conference schedule. We would be happy to schedule you for an upcoming conference.
- Prepare a 30-50 minute presentation – preferably on PowerPoint or other computer media, or notify the Programming Chair of your presentation equipment needs. Demonstration equipment is welcome. Typically 45-60 minutes are allotted for each presentation: 25-45 minutes for presenting, 5-10 minutes for questions and answers following your presentation.
- Submit a paper or documentation to support your presentation. This may be made available to attendees of the current, and future, conferences.” In cases where legal, export, or proprietary limitations apply, WRSGC can accept whatever content is allowed by your company.