The Western Regional Strain Gage Committee meets twice a year for two days, typically in Spring and Fall. Hear technical papers, participate in workshops and manufacturer’s seminars (given by sponsors of the committee), participate on panels and tour a test facility in the area.
- Conferences are a key function of the committee, as this venue provides valuable opportunities to learn about new developments and research in strain gages and mechanical testing, and also provides access to networking and discussions with experts in this field.
- Technical papers and presentations are a key part of the WRSGC conferences. Presentations topics cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Research in the advancement of strain gage measuring
- New product development
- Applications and techniques of measurement
- Refreshers on core aspects of testing and measurement
We are currently looking for papers and presentations to be presented at our next conferences. We welcome contributions from any person, whether previously involved in the WRSGC or not. The paper and presentation criteria and process are somewhat flexible, as many companies have legal, export, or proprietary limitations on what information can be submitted. The general process includes:
- Contact the Programming Chair at Membership@WRSGC.org to discuss your topic and conference schedule. We would be happy to schedule you for an upcoming conference.
- Prepare a 30-50 minute presentation – preferably on PowerPoint or other computer media, or notify the Programming Chair of your presentation equipment needs. Demonstration equipment is welcome. Typically 45-60 minutes are allotted for each presentation: 25-45 minutes for presenting, 5-10 minutes for questions and answers following your presentation.
- Submit a paper or documentation to support your presentation. This will be included in the WRSGC Proceedings DVD which is distributed as a technical reference to attendees of the conferences. In cases where legal, export, or proprietary limitations apply, WRSGC can accept whatever content is allowed by your company.
The 2020 WRSGC Fall Meeting will be run virtually through Zoom on Oct 6 and Oct 7, 2020
The presentation schedule is as listed below – as you can see we have a very exciting lineup. Please register by clicking on the following link and filling in the information fields for a personalized event link. We will not be collecting any fees as part of this meeting.
Presentation time (EDT)
Effects of High Strength Overcoat Materials on Strain Measurements
Enabling Digital Transformation with Real-World Data
Accelerate Design by Integrating Physical Test Data into FEA Model Data
Sandro Di Natale
Measurement Uncertainty in Strain Measurements – Underestimated?
Fully Distributed Fiber Optic Strain Rosette
How to Setup a Strain Gage Installation Lab
A few things to keep in mind:
- The registration link above is universal and can be forwarded to colleagues and others who you think may be interested in attending. However the login credentials that follow the registration link is unique to each attendee and should not be shared.
- All attendees will be muted by default.
- You can submit questions to the presenter through the Q&A chat function at the bottom of the Zoom screen.
- If you would like to verbally participate in the discussion or answer questions, you can ‘raise your hand’ and the moderator will unmute you.
- Similar to our in-person meetings, the virtual meeting will be recorded.
- Sponsors are an integral part of our organization and are given the opportunity to give a brief presentation at the start of each technical presentation. Additionally, sponsor informational packs will be emailed out to attendees after the meeting.
We hope that you will be able to join us in early October!
2019 Fall Test and Measurement Conference